Influence the futures of preschoolers and youth by lending a helping hand in classrooms. Teach, support and play with the children of South Africa on one of our teaching and education projects while providing much needed support to local teachers.
Volunteers on these projects spend their time using their skills to provide much needed assistance with the often understaffed, under-resourced and overcrowded schools.
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Assisting teachers with lessons e.g reading
- Sport coaching and physical education
- Assisting children with homework and projects
- Playing with children and doing other outdoor activities
What’s not included:
- Transport to and from the project
- You should be dedicated, hard-working and love working with children
- At least 18 years of age
- You should be able to speak and understand English sufficiently to get around
- It would be beneficial if volunteers have a background in primary education, however, those with instructional skills (e.g. music, art) or leadership experience also make for attractive candidates. These volunteers will work alongside the permanent teaching staff, infusing the classroom with creative energy to encourage the development of the children.